Country Manager Portugal
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced leader to manage and design the marketing strategies for Betclic Portugal. As the market leader, we’re looking for a driven person who wants to lead Betclic Portugal’s operation and lead our marketing efforts. In this role, you will be part of the acquisition team and will work closely with both internal and external functions, such as media houses and agencies, contractors, as well as internal departments like design, affiliation, among others.
The main functions of the role:
- In close cooperation with the CCO, design the marketing strategy and manage marketing budget for Betclic Portugal;
- Lead and develop the marketing team in the assigned Region, with full P&L and operational responsibility;
- With main focus on Portugal, proactively explore new business opportunities for growth and business development;
- Ensure that acquisition, conversion, retention and reactivation of customers are in line with the Company targets;
- Establishment of revenue budget and targets, and the achievement of those;
- Ensure most efficient ROI of all marketing channels for brand building and acquisition;
- Identify under performing acquisition and retention operations within the Region and manage and develop a plan to address them effectively;
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships and contacts with local agencies, media and regulatory bodies – experienced in working in complex regulatory environment.
Who are you?
Ideally, you have a traditional marketing career at an FMCG company. During the last 2-3 years you have moved to e-commerce related role and applied your skills to further develop an online business. You are passionate about marketing and innovation. A proven track record at growing market share is fundamental. You also have experience managing a P&L control and wish to have a significant role in shaping the future of the Betclic brand in Portugal.
Key requirements for this role:
- 10 to 15 years professional experience (at least 7 leading teams);
- Having spent 2-3 years on ecommerce departments of blue-chips or startup;
- Already hold a senior role in online media, gaming or other e-commerce industry in Portugal and demonstrate success in on-line marketing;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English;
- Experience in creating and implementing 360o marketing strategies;
- A passion for innovation and continuous improvement;
- Strong experience in collaborating with other departments building strong working relationships;
- Excellent knowledge of core processes for marketing development across e-mail, web, social and mobile technologies;
- Great interpersonal, communication, leadership and analytical skills;
- Strategic problem-solving skills and hands-on involvement in day to day activities;
- Strong ability to inspire and lead a team;
- Experience dealing with multi-million euro budgets.
Good to have
- Marketing or communications, technology related degree;
- Experience in FMCG (beer, sodas/energy drinks);
- Experience in point of sale activations through retail channels;
- Excellent ability to work well and effectively under pressure;
- Experience in marketing directly at university campuses;
- Measurement and ROI focused;
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Track record of success in both taking risks and making prudent business decision;
- Previous Management / leadership experience with be ideal.