We are looking for a passionate and dedicated sports trader, specialising in football, to join our growing sportsbook department in Malta. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of football and have proven experience in sports betting.
This is a great opportunity in trading for an experienced trader looking to move to the top league. The candidate should be enthusiastic, versatile, able to challenge themselves, and integrate quickly into a dynamic team.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious company in an exciting modern industry.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Football;
- Assist and support pre-event and in-play trading of the football product;
- Manage liabilities and risk management for football events and across a diverse range of betting markets;
- Deliver an industry leading betting product operating in many regulated and non-regulated markets;
- Ability to follow, execute & critique a dynamic trading strategy;
- Create and odds compile specials & novelty markets on top of a standard betting offer;
- Able to understand and augment automated trading;
- Carry out appropriate research and analysis of trading performance across competitions and markets;
- Liaise with other internal teams and department. For example, with marketing teams, VIP teams, customer services teams;
- Prompt and accurate settlement of markets as, and when required;
- Monitor and analyse customer activity, reporting to the Client Risk Management team;
- Assist other sports teams with trading duties if/when required, dependent on the sporting calendar;
- Handling of any technical or settlement issues, or any other incidents affecting company trading.
- Trading experience necessary – minimum 3 years in a trading role (preferably football)
- Good knowledge of football (events/teams/players) and football betting markets
- Understanding of fixed odds, betting exchanges and betting principles
- Essential to be able to work unsociable hours (weekends/evenings/holidays) based on the business needs and sporting calendar.
- Prior experience using 3rd party trading providers: BetGenius or BetRadar
- Strong mathematical skills (preferably educated to A-level or equivalent) and good analytical/statistical skills
- Competent at multi-tasking
- Able to challenge ideas and approaches
- Good English language skills and excellent communication skills
- Sound knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly Excel)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to think clearly, methodically and logically especially under pressure
- Able to work in a team or act alone when required
- An ambitious & versatile attitude with a strong passion for the sports betting industry in general.
- Self-organized and target driven with a ‘can do’ attitude