Operational Risk & Compliance Manager
The jobholder will be responsible for supervising a small team of Operational Risk & Compliance Specialists whose main purpose is to apply regulatory and legal requirements into operational practices. The role requires high level organisational and communication skills with the requirement to deal with stakeholders at all levels across the business as well as external providers and auditors. Primary areas of responsibility include AML/CFT, Responsible Gaming, resolving regulatory and Alternative Dispute Resolution complaints, maintaining oversight of Internal Security protocols, handling police requests and gathering data for the purpose of audits.
- Supervising a small team of Operational Risk Specialists, monitoring workload and re-allocating tasks as necessary to meet business needs. They will assist their team in understanding performance targets and goals whilst proactively identifying training needs and being responsible for quadrimester performance reviews and ongoing development. Act as a point of reference for any queries or escalations made by the team and provide regular monthly feedback on general performance, productivity, and quality.
- Ensure that the business is operationally aligned with the requirements put forth by our various regulatory bodies as well as applicable laws with respect to AML/CFT, including applying a risk rating to accounts within our customer database, handling SAR escalations to the designated MLROs and gathering high quality reports to respond to Police or Judiciary requests as needed. Furthermore, the team is also responsible for maintaining oversight of internal security protocols and enforcing these across the group.
- They will ensure that newly implemented regulatory, licensing, or legal amendments impacting the business are transposed into operational practices, procedures and or policies and ensuring these are effectively communicated to relevant stakeholders throughout the business. They will further ensure anti-money laundering and responsible gaming records are securely recorded and generally take ownership of record keeping.
- In addition to providing ongoing training to their own team the Operational Risk & Compliance Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that the RPF Department as a whole are kept up to date on topics relating to the Risk Teams functions and to provide ad-hoc training sessions if required.
- Assist the Head of Department to liaise with internal/external auditors and gather high quality operational data for the purpose of audits if needed by making use of relevant resources or qualified persons to do so.
- Propose new ideas to improve tools and processes linked to regulatory, risk and licensing requirements and address any irregularities. Strive for intelligent automation and proactively carry out occasional competitor analysis. On a recurring basis, review current procedures and tasks to identify which can be improved, added to or removed where applicable, always bearing in mind business needs and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other departments (such as Marketing, Customer Services, Legal & Compliance and IT, etc). On occasion, for the purpose of keeping other departments and stakeholders up to date on operational regulatory changes, travel may be required which may further include providing presentations in our various offices abroad.
- A motivated self-starter
- Meticulous, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A proactive thinker who is able to bring new ideas to the role
- A persuasive character, with the necessary skills to overcome any resistance to proposals
- Ability to work well with others and be a team-player
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good communication skills (Written & Verbal) in English
- At ease dealing with people from all levels in the business
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, and motivational at all times
- Exposure to Regulated Markets (France, Portugal, Poland, Sweden) would be considered as an asset
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Risk & Compliance role, preferably within the gaming industry
- Ambitious and displaying a keen willingness to learn
- Relevant industry experience in financial services, online gaming or other e-commerce industries
- Ability to coach and inspire
- Being able to work in a fast, ever-changing environment, while juggling multiple tasks
- Able to maintain cooperative relationships within the team, other departments and external providers