Operational Risk & Compliance Specialist
Reporting to the Operational Risk & Compliance Manager, the jobholder will be required to identify, record, monitor and assist in resolving actual or potential operational risks. The role involves maintaining communication with various departments such as Customer Services, VIP, Trading and the Legal and Compliance departments. Primary areas of responsibility include AML/CFT, Responsible Gaming, resolving regulatory and Alternative Dispute Resolution complaints, maintaining oversight of internal security protocols and reporting breaches of these as appropriate. They will also be called upon to gather data for the purposes of responding to Police or Judiciary requests as well as for audits.
- Ensure that the business is operationally aligned with the requirements put forth by our various regulatory bodies as well as applicable laws with respect to AML/CFT, including applying a risk rating to accounts within our customer database, handling SAR escalations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and gathering high quality reports to respond to Police or Judiciary requests as needed.
- The jobholder is also responsible for maintaining oversight of internal security protocols and enforcing these across the group including the Internal Test Account policy, manual movements/adjustments and ensuring these are in line with group wide policies.
- The core function of the role involves the in-depth review of accounts based on alerts, scripts and other reports to identify those that may require further attention or ongoing monitoring. This will often involve liaising with other departments to source information on players as well as additional or enhanced KYC relating to source of income or wealth. Making use of all available tools as well as external data sources, such as social media or online research to achieve this.
- Assist the Operational Risk & Compliance Manager in developing and delivering suitable and appropriate AML/CFT and Responsible Gaming awareness training courses and material to all staff. Identify areas where knowledge is lacking and suggest ad-hoc awareness training.
- Assist the Operational Risk & Compliance Manager so newly implemented regulatory, licensing or legal amendments impacting the business are transposed into operational practices, procedures and or policies.
- Propose new ideas to improve tools and processes linked to regulatory, risk and licensing requirements and address any irregularities. Carry out occasional competitor analysis, and on a recurring basis, suggest improvements to current procedures and tasks, always bearing in mind business needs and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other departments (such as Marketing, Customer Services, Legal & Compliance and IT, etc). Internal and external communication must be maintained at professional and high standards.
- A self-motivated and independent manner of working
- An inquisitive mind, with a high level of attention to detail
- A proactive thinker who is able to bring new ideas to the role
- Organised and meticulous, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others and be a team-player
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat and motivational at all times
- Ambitious and displaying a keen willingness to learn
- Industry experience in financial services, online gaming or other e-commerce industries
- Able to maintain cooperative relationships within the team and other departments
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Fluency speaking French is an asset, preferably to a native level