We are looking for experienced sports traders, to be part of our growing sportsbook department in Malta. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good general knowledge of a range, and experience in the sports betting industry.
The candidate should be enthusiastic, versatile, able to challenge themselves, and integrate quickly into a dynamic team.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join a very ambitious company in an exciting modern industry.
What you will do:
- Pre-event and in-play trading of the many sports (European Sports / US Sports / UK Sports).
- Manage liabilities and risk management across a diverse range of betting markets.
- Deliver an industry leading betting product operating in European regulated and non-regulated markets.
- Ability to study, execute & critique a dynamic trading strategy.
- Odds compilation of specials & novelty markets on top of a standard betting product.
- Able to understand and augment automated/provider trading.
- Carry out appropriate research and analysis of trading activity and improve trading performance (P/L).
- Liaise with other internal teams and department: marketing, VIP, customer services.
- Prompt and accurate settlement of markets as and when required.
- Monitor and analyse customer activity, reporting to the Client Risk Management team.
- Handling of any technical or settlement issues, or any other incidents affecting company trading.
What we need from you:
- Trading experience essential – minimum 3 years in a sportsbook role.
- Good knowledge of range of sports (events/teams/players) and betting markets. Beneficial: Rugby, Ice-Hockey, Cycling, Handball, Volleyball.
- Understanding of fixed odds, betting exchanges and betting principles.
- Essential to be able to work unsociable hours (weekends/evenings/holidays) based on the business needs and sporting calendar.
- Experience using 3rd party trading providers (e.g. BetRadar/BetGenius).
- Strong mathematical skills and good analytical/statistical skills.
- Organised and competent at multi-tasking.
- Able to challenge ideas and approaches.
- Good English language skills and excellent communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly Excel).
- A high attention to detail and the ability to think clearly, methodically, and logically under pressure.
- Able to work in a team or act alone when required.
- An ambitious & versatile attitude with a strong passion for the sports betting industry.
- Target driven with a ‘can-do’ attitude.