We are looking for an experienced sports trader, to be part of our growing sportsbook department in Malta. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good general knowledge of a range of sports and some experience in the sports betting industry.
This is a great opportunity in trading for an experienced trader looking to move to a top tier company. The candidate should be enthusiastic, versatile, able to challenge themselves, and integrate quickly into a dynamic team.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join a very ambitious company in an exciting modern industry.
What you will do:
- Pre-event and in-play trading across many sports (European Sports / UK Sports / US Sports)
- Manage liabilities and risk management across a diverse range of betting markets
- Deliver an industry leading betting product operating in regulated and non-regulated markets
- Follow & execute a dynamic trading strategy
- Create and odds compile specials & novelty markets on top of a standard betting offer
- Able to understand and augment automated trading
- Carry out appropriate research and analysis of trading performance
- Liaise with other internal teams and department: marketing, VIP, customer services
- Prompt and accurate settlement of markets as and when required
- Monitor and analyse customer activity, reporting to the Client Risk Management team
- Assist a variety of sports teams with trading duties when required, dependent of the sporting calendar
- Handling of any technical or settlement issues, or any other incidents affecting company trading
What we need from you:
- Sports trading experience necessary – minimum 3 years in a trading role
- Good knowledge of sports (events/teams/players) and betting markets - particularly beneficial Handball, Rugby, Volleyball, Winter Sports
- Understanding of fixed odds, betting exchanges and trading principles
- Essential to be able to work unsociable hours (weekends/evenings/holidays) based on the business needs and sporting calendar.
- Prior experience using 3rd party trading provider: BetGenius or BetRadar
- Strong mathematical skills and good analytical/statistical skills
- Competent at multi-tasking
- Able to challenge ideas and approaches
- Good English language skills and excellent communication skills. Additional languages beneficial (French/Polish/Portuguese)
- Sound knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly Excel)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to think clearly, methodically, and logically especially under pressure
- Able to work in a team or act alone when required
- An ambitious & versatile attitude with a strong passion for the sports betting industry in general.
- Self-organized and target driven with a ‘can do’ attitude