WE ARE BETCLIC
A leader in Europe in sports betting and online games, Betclic is a French company with:
- 13 million players vibrating to the rhythm of sports competitions
- a wide range of sports betting, poker, casino games and online horse betting
- 85 sports open to betting
- 40,000 different types of bets offered each day
- 60,000 live sporting events broadcast each month
- 1,500 casino games to try out
- numerous official partnerships, such as the Ligue 1 Uber Eats
Since its inception in 2005, Betclic has been a “mobile-only” technology company driven by an unwavering passion for sport. Guided by the emotion and fun of the game, Betclic develops mobile entertainment applications that place its customers at the heart of a unique gaming experience and innovate with agility and speed to offer more games and more fun to its players. Our ambition? To provide our customers with the most entertaining gaming experience with simple, immersive and innovative applications.
Headquartered in Bordeaux, Betclic is a multicultural and international company with more than 35 nationalities among its 670 employees in five European countries: France, Italy, Malta, Poland and Portugal.
The profiles sought are those who have the ambition to build as a team, are ready to take up challenges, each more exciting than the next, and those who have a desire to create solutions offering a new and unique customer experience.
Does the world of sport and games excite you? Do you like challenges and participating in our collective effort?
Betclic invites you to join the adventure!
ENTER THE GAME
We are looking for an experienced sports trader, to be part of our growing sportsbook department in Malta. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good general knowledge of basketball and experience in the sports betting industry.
The candidate should be enthusiastic, versatile, able to challenge themselves, and integrate quickly into a dynamic team.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join a very ambitious company in an exciting modern industry.
YOUR ROLE AT BETCLIC
In this context, your duties are:
- Pre-event and in-play trading of the Basketball product.
- Manage liabilities and risk management across a diverse range of betting markets.
- Deliver an industry leading betting product operating in European regulated and non-regulated markets.
- Ability to study, execute & critique a dynamic trading strategy.
- Odds compilation of specials & novelty markets on top of a standard betting offer.
- Able to understand and augment automated trading.
- Carry out appropriate research and analysis of trading activity and improve trading performance (P/L).
- Liaise with other internal teams and department: marketing, VIP, customer services.
- Prompt and accurate settlement of markets as and when required.
- Monitor and analyse customer activity, reporting to the Client Risk Management team.
- Handling of any technical or settlement issues, or any other incidents affecting company trading.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Employees with a good dose of humour, respect and kindness, a little zeal and a real passion for their profession!
This job is for you if:
- You have Trading experience essential – minimum 3 years in a sportsbook role (necessary).
- You have good knowledge of basketball (events/teams/players) and betting markets – particularly European leagues (French A/B, Spanish, German).
- You have an understanding of fixed odds, betting exchanges and betting principles.
- You are able to work unsociable hours (weekends/evenings/holidays) based on the business needs and sporting calendar.
- You have experience using 3rd party trading providers (e.g. BetRadar/BetGenius).
- You have strong mathematical skills and good analytical/statistical skills.
- You are organised and competent at multi-tasking.
- You are able to challenge ideas and approaches.
- You have good English language skills and excellent communication skills. Beneficial additional languages: French/Portuguese.
- You have sound knowledge of MS Office programs - particularly Excel.
- You have a high attention to detail and the ability to think clearly, methodically, and logically especially under pressure.
- You are able to work in a team or act alone when required.
- You are an ambitious & versatile attitude with a strong passion for the sports betting industry.
- You are target driven with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Travel & Leisure benefit up to €600 per year.
- Fitness benefit up to €15 per month.
- Meal allowance.
- Private health insurance after 6 months of employment.
- Relocation package.
- Work flexibility.
- Constant focus on skills development with a personalized annual training program.
- Career development in an international environment.
And the opportunity to work in a friendly, youthful and fun atmosphere!
Indefinite position to be filled as soon as possible in Sliema, Malta
Betclic Group - Tagliaferro Business Centre, Level 3, Gaiety Lane, Sliema SLM1551, Malta