Trading Strategy Specialist (French or Portuguese Speaking)
WE ARE BETCLIC
A leader in Europe in sports betting and online games, Betclic is a French company with:
- 13 million players vibrating to the rhythm of sports competitions
- a wide range of sports betting, poker, casino games and online horse betting
- 85 sports open to betting
- 40,000 different types of bets offered each day
- 60,000 live sporting events broadcast each month
- 1,500 casino games to try out
- numerous official partnerships, such as the Ligue 1 Uber Eats
Since its inception in 2005, Betclic has been a “mobile-only” technology company driven by an unwavering passion for sport. Guided by the emotion and fun of the game, Betclic develops mobile entertainment applications that place its customers at the heart of a unique gaming experience and innovate with agility and speed to offer more games and more fun to its players. Our ambition? To provide our customers with the most entertaining gaming experience with simple, immersive and innovative applications.
Headquartered in Bordeaux, Betclic is a multicultural and international company with more than 35 nationalities among its 670 employees in five European countries: France, Italy, Malta, Poland and Portugal.
The profiles sought are those who have the ambition to build as a team, are ready to take up challenges, each more exciting than the next, and those who have a desire to create solutions offering a new and unique customer experience.
Does the world of sport and games excite you? Do you like challenges and participating in our collective effort?
Betclic invites you to join the adventure!
ENTER THE GAME
We are looking for an experienced Sports Trader, to be part of our growing Sportsbook department in Malta. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good general knowledge of a range of sports and some experience in the sports betting industry. Business analytical skills plus ability to work with risk management tools are mandatory.
This is a great opportunity in trading for an experienced candidate looking to move to a top tier company. The candidate should be enthusiastic, versatile, able to challenge themselves, and integrate quickly into a dynamic team.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join a very ambitious company in an exciting modern industry.
YOUR ROLE AT BETCLIC
In this context, your duties are:
- Ensure to follow short and long-term strategy directives and provide critical feedback relevant to sports team.
- Ensure customers receive excellent quality of service by providing competitive coverage and pricing across the sports offer.
- Ensuring all Local and main content, features, and promotions are correctly displayed on the website and the brand(s) complies with the legal, regulatory and revenue requirements as determined by the various authorities.
- Regular communication with Head of Strategy, Head of Sport(s), Head of Trading Operations, and all other SPO vertical Heads to adopt department strategy and drive progression.
- Maintain dialogue with non-trading departments (marketing, compliance, CS, UX, Dev, etc..) to align projects, developments, strategy and procedures.
- Analysis of customers activity.
- Profiling of the active players database within Betclic Group brands;
- Analyze various aspects of Sportsbook Operation performance, including Player Behaviours and Profiling, Risk Management and Trading Performance;
- Carry out appropriate (requested and pro-active) research and analysis across all sports with timely commentary and reporting on trends, changes, statistical analysis of sports/events/markets to identify deficiencies/failings in our offer.
- Ensure all Terms & Conditions are up to date and accurate across all territories through regular checks and keep high the communication with legal/compliance department as point of connection with trading dep.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR ?
Employees with a good dose of humour, respect and kindness, a little zeal and a real passion for their profession!
This job is for you if:
- You have experience in the betting area – minimum 2 years (necessary).
You have good knowledge of sports (events/teams/players) and betting markets.
- You have a good understanding of fixed odds, betting exchanges and betting principles.
- You are able to work unsociable hours (weekends/evenings/holidays) based on the business needs and sporting calendar.
- You have strong mathematical skills (preferably educated to A-level or equivalent) and good analytical/statistical skills.
- You are competent at multi-tasking.
- You are able to challenge ideas and approaches.
- You are fluent in French or Portuguese.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
- You have sound knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly Excel).
- You have high attention to detail and the ability to think clearly, methodically and logically especially under pressure.
- You are able to work in a team or act alone when required.
- You are ambitious & have a versatile attitude with a strong passion for the sports betting industry in general.
- You are self-organized and target driven with a ‘can do’ attitude.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Travel & Leisure benefit up to €600 per year.
- Fitness benefit up to €15 per month.
- Meal allowance.
- Private health insurance after 6 months of employment.
- Relocation package.
- Work flexibility.
- Constant focus on skills development with a personalized annual training program.
- Career development in an international environment.
And the opportunity to work in a friendly, youthful and fun atmosphere!
Indefinite position to be filled as soon as possible in Sliema, Malta
Betclic Group - Tagliaferro Business Centre, Level 3, Gaiety Lane, Sliema SLM1551, Malta